Looking for a way to enhance your already cooked food? Or give your food a twist of taste?
Plain mustards come in different arrays of colours and are sour and spicy when used. The aesthetic satisfaction that it brings when the sauce is added over hotdogs or a corned beef sandwich is remarkably sweet.
But have you ever wondered what mustards are?
What are mustards?
According to Wikipedia, Mustard is a condiment made from the seeds of a mustard plant
Mustard seeds go through several stages before becoming a paste or sauce that is made of water, vinegar, lemon juice, wine, or other liquids, salt, and often other flavourings and spices. The seed itself has a strong, pungent, and somewhat bitter taste. The taste of mustard condiments ranges from sweet to spicy.
How mustard sauce is made
Basically, mustard sauce is the product of mixing butter, custard, vinegar, granulated sugar, and flour. Depending on the colour of the mustard seed used, the resulting sauce is a thick paste-like creamy liquid that tastes sharp and is made of ground mustard seeds.
One or more factors are responsible solely for the strength of prepared mustard, such as the temperature, vinegar or any added liquids. The resulting sauce can be used on a wide variety of food. Also, it can be served as part of a salad dressing, with fish or chicken.
How to make a champagne mustard sauce
- 20 gram of Butter
- Fine flour 30g
- Fish stock 150 ml
- Champagne 120ml
- Heavy cream 150ml
- Lime Juice 10ml
- Granulated sugar 10g
- Dijon mustard 40 g
Step by step method to make your champagne mustard sauce
- Step 1: Get together all your ingredients in one place to avoid stressing overwork
- Step 2: Melt the butter and mix together in your mixing bowl the already melted butter and flour using a spoon.
- Step 3: Pour the fish stock into the already mixed flour and butter, add champagne and heavy cream. Pour in your lime juice and granulated sugar, carefully add your dijon mustard and mix all together
- Step 4: After mixing all together, boil and allow the ingredients to simmer for 2 minutes or more and get ready to make use of your soda siphon.
- Step 5: Open up your soda siphon, season your mixture with salt and fill directly your mixture into the bottle using the iSi funnel and sieve, screw on the bottle cover and screw on your cream charger carefully.
- Step 6: Shake vigorously 18 times
- Step 7: Unscrew the cream charger holder and replace it with the dust cap.
Your champagne mustard sauce is ready for serving. Turn the soda siphon slightly upside down and press the leveller to dispense your champagne mustard sauce.
The champagne mustard sauce has been found to contain the following nutrients
- Calories: 95
- Cholesterol: 22 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Sodium: 51 mg
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
How to use the mustard sauce on dishes
Due to its designation as a condiment, mustard sauces can be dispensed over food using a soda siphon or served separately in another dish based on consumer preference.
Q: Is there any other way to make a champagne mustard sauce?
A: To prepare champagne mustard sauce, mix vinegar and mustard. Then beat eggs and sugar thoroughly, mix them both together and combine with the mustard mixture in a double boiler over simmering or boiling water. Stir gently until it thickens, and then refrigerate.
Q: Can you make a mustard sauce for Kielbasa?
A: Yes, you can
Q: How do you make a mustard sauce for Kielbasa?
A: You’ll need a microwave-safe bowl, mix together the dry mustard and vinegar and keep till the next day. On the second day, add sugar and eggs, then stir to make sure it is mixed well, allowing the mixture to cool while you go ahead and grill the kielbasa. Make sure to cut the Kielbasa into thick slices and on a medium grill. Grill the Kielbasa for one to two minutes per side and serve immediately
Thinking of making a Champagne mustard sauce today? We have highlighted above one of the easy ways to make yours, what are you waiting for?